Unexpected Delights has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://udelights.com
and update your bookmarks.

December 7, 2009

Silly Dilly Christmas Songs

This past weekend my sister (a first grade teacher) came home with the book Where Did They Hide my Presents? by Alan Katz. Let me tell you, I have not laughed that hard in a long time!!! My family all age 20+ took turns passing this book around. We could not get enough! The concept of the book is that you sing the silly words in the book to a specific Christmas song. I provided the first verse of a few of my favorites below (just promise me you won't sing to loud at your desk…I don’t want hate mail from your co-workers :)

Hanging Lights
(To the tune of “Silent Night”)
Hanging lights
Not flashing bright
Bulbs don’t work
It’s not right
I hold ladders as Daddy climbs
He’s been on the roof four hundred times
Dad refused to lose
Just blew another fuse!

Something in My Brother’s Underpants
(To the tune of “Winter Wonderland”)
Doorbell rings
Gee, who is it?
Party guests
Christmas visit
The mood is so swell
But what is the smell?
Something in my Brothers underpants!

At the Malls
(To the tune of “Deck the Halls”)
At the malls
No parking spaces
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
Can’t we go home?

Million cars
Ten parking places
Ma Ma Ma Ma Ma
Can’t we go home?


*Photo and Song Lyrics Published with Permission from Alan Katz

1 comment: