Unexpected Delights has moved!

You will be automatically redirected to the new address. If that does not occur, visit
http://udelights.com
and update your bookmarks.

October 27, 2009

Ribbon Wreaths

Anyone who knows me knows that I have a thing for ribbon (three baskets full to be exact). So when I saw these wreaths I freaked. They are just too cute and EASY to make. I can totally see doing one of these in a double satin silver ribbon for the holidays with some fun metallic ornaments! I included the directions below but you can also find a step-by-step guide with photos at Wedding Bee.

Supplies:
12″ foam wreath form
24 yards 1 1/4″ black grosgrain ribbon (or less if using a wider ribbon)
Scissors
Measuring tape

Steps:
Cut 45-50 16″ pieces of ribbon.
Tie one strand of ribbon in a knot around the wreath. I used a “messy knot” — right over left, then right over left again, pulling in the opposite direction. It doesn’t really matter how you do it as long as you are consistent all the way around. Repeat with the knots, pushing them close together, until you fill the wreath.
Cut one long piece of ribbon (48″) and tie one end to form a knot. Leave a long loop for hanging and tie another knot onto the wreath.
Trim any frayed or long ends.

Photos Courtesy:
The long Thread
Wedding Bee

No comments:

Post a Comment